2.Use of Demographic / Profile Data / Your Information
We use personal information to provide the services you request. To the extent we use your personal information to market to you, we will provide you the ability to opt-out of such uses. We use your personal information to resolve disputes; troubleshoot problems; help promote a safe service; collect money; measure consumer interest in our products and services, inform you about online and offline offers, products, services, and updates; customize your experience; detect and protect us against error, fraud and other criminal activity; enforce our terms and conditions; and as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
In our efforts to continually improve our product and service offerings, we collect and analyze demographic and profile data about our usersâ€™ activity on our Website.
We identify and use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server, and to administer our Website/Application. Your IP address is also used to help identify you and to gather broad demographic information.
We will occasionally ask you to complete optional online surveys. These surveys may ask you for contact information and demographic information (like zip code, age, or income) We use this data to tailor your experience at our Website/Application, providing you with content that we think you might be interested in and to display content according to your preferences.
3. What we Collect
We may collect personal information from you, such as your name, email address, postal address, phone number, credit card number, gender, birthday, personal interests, etc., when you visit our Websites, install or use the Application, place an order online or by phone, save your information with us online, contact us with a question or concern, or participate in a contest, promotion, or survey. We maintain a record of your product interests and the subscriptions/purchases you make through the Program. We also collect information from or about the devices you use to access our Program such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP address”), your browser type, your operating system, media access control (“MAC address”), received signal strength indicator (“RSSI”) and other technical information. If you use different devices to access the Program, such as your home computer, laptop and/or mobile device, we may be able to associate each of your devices with your account. Our Application may also collect information about your location if you have allowed this. We may combine all of this information with information about you that we acquire from your activities on our Program and/or information we receive from our joint marketing partners, unrelated third parties, and from our Merchants.
If you choose to post messages on our message boards, chat rooms or other message areas or leave feedback, we will collect that information you provide to us. We retain this information as necessary to resolve disputes, provide customer support and troubleshoot problems as permitted by law.
If you send us personal correspondence, such as emails or letters, or if other users or third parties send us correspondence about your activities or postings on the Website/Application, we may collect such information into a file specific to you.
4. How we use the Information
We may use your personal information in the following ways:
- To process and fulfill your subscription/order, including to send you emails to confirm your subscription/order status and shipment
- To communicate with you and to send you information by email, postal mail, telephone, text message, or other means about our products, services, contests, and promotions, unless you have directed us not to contact you with promotional communications
- To administer and fulfill our contests and other promotions
- To help us better understand your shopping needs and preferences and provide consistent, personalized services and experiences across our brands.
- To help us address problems with and improve our Program
- To enhance your shopping, viewing experience
- To analyze trends and statistics
- To protect the security or integrity of our Program
- To contact you if necessary
- 5. How we share the Information
We may share your personal information in the following ways:
- When you provide personal information with us we may share that information with our affiliates.
- We may share your information with our service providers who manage our customer information and perform services on our behalf, such as fulfilling promotions, fulfilling orders, sending communications to our customers, conducting surveys, etc. We do not authorize any of these service providers to make any other use or disclosure of your information.
- We may share your information when we team up with another company to offer or provide products, services, contests, or promotions to our customers.
- We may share information about you if necessary, in our good faith judgment, to comply with laws or regulations or in response to an order, or government request, or to protect our rights.
- We may share personal information with our other corporate entities and affiliates to help detect and prevent identity theft, fraud and other potentially illegal acts; correlate related or multiple accounts to prevent abuse of our services; and to facilitate joint or co-branded services that you request where such services are provided by more than one corporate entity. Those entities and affiliates may not market to you as a result of such sharing unless you explicitly opt-in.
In the unlikely event of a sale or merger of River Comics or any of our businesses, our customers’ personal information and other information we have collected as described in this policy may be among the transferred business assets.
5. Modification of the Information
You can review and change certain personal information related to your use of our Program. To access your information, simply sign in to your Account using your Username and password, and you will be able to edit your personal information in your Account profile.
Our Program uses “cookies,” and pixel tags and other tracking technologies, to help enable you to browse/shop through our Program and may be used in a variety of ways to enhance or personalize your online browsing, viewing and shopping experience. These technologies may also be used to determine the ads you see on our Program and also on other sites.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies or to notify you when you are sent a cookie, giving you the opportunity to decide whether or not to accept it. If you do not accept cookies, however, you will not be able to access your account information or make purchases on our websites.
Cookies, pixel tags and other tracking technologies help us better understand your shopping needs and preferences tell us which parts of our Program you have visited and facilitate and measure the effectiveness of our advertisements, and provide consistent and personalized services and experiences.
These technologies may be used to collect “click-stream data”, which includes information about your visit, including the pages you view, the features you use, the links you click, and other actions you take in connection with the sites and our online ads. Pixel tags in our emails may be used to track your interactions with those messages, such as when you receive, open, or click a link in an email message from us. We may combine the information we collect through these technologies with other information we have collected from and about you and use it as described in this policy.
We do our best to provide you with a safe and convenient shopping experience. We have in place certain physical, electronic, contractual, and managerial safeguards to protect the security and privacy of your personal information. When you enter your personal information on our Program, we use encryption technology to protect your information as it is transmitted to us.
Our goal is to make the Program as good, useful and rewarding for you as possible.
7.Links to Other Sites
Our Website/ Application may link to other websites that may collect personally identifiable information about you. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of those linked websites.
8. Security Precautions
We have stringent security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control. Whenever you change or access your account information, we offer the use of a secure server. Once your information is in our possession we adhere to strict security guidelines, protecting it against unauthorized access.
We provide all users with the opportunity to opt-out of receiving non-essential (promotional, marketing-related) communications from us on behalf of our partners, and from us in general, after setting up an account.
If you want to remove your contact information from all www.rivercomics.com lists and newsletters, please visit http://rivercomics.com
10. Advertisements on Rivercomics.com
We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our Website and/or download our Applications. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you.
11. Your Consent
Questions regarding this statement should be directed to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org